- in poker,
- the stakes or pot
- a pool formed from part of the winnings, to pay for refreshments, etc.
- money pooled for some particular purpose
- widow ()
Origin of kittyprobably ; from kit
- A fund made up of a portion of each pot in a poker game.
- A pool of money, especially one to which a number of people have contributed for a designated purpose.
- See widow.
Origin of kittyProbably from kit1.
Origin of kittyShortening and alteration of kitten.
- A kitten or young cat.
- (childish) A pet name for a cat.
- A money pool, as for a card game, or for shared expenses.
- (poker, slang) In a home game, a small, specified amount taken from each pot to pay the host's expenses.
- (slang) Female genitals. (less vulgar)
- (card games) A set of additional cards dealt face down in some games.
kit + -y.