- in a precise manner
It's precisely 1:00.
- When it is exactly 1:00, this is an example of a time when it is precisely 1:00.
- When you carefully place books on a shelf with great precision, this is an example of a time when you place the books precisely on the shelf.
- When someone asks if what they just said is correct and it is absolutely correct, this is an example of a time when you might say "Precisely."
Precisely is defined as exactly, specifically or with precision.
- In a precise manner.
- Used as an intensive: Inferior equipment was precisely the reason some hikers refused to continue the climb.
(comparative more precisely, superlative most precisely)
precise +"Ž -ly
- The time, of day however, was precisely known.
- You know, that's precisely why I don't want you up in the hills alone.
- She uses words precisely and makes easy, fluent sentences.
- Just as it is impossible to say when it was decided to abandon Moscow, so it is impossible to say precisely when, or by whom, it was decided to move to Tarutino.
- She didn't want to, but Jessi showed up precisely at eight the next morning.