transitive verb-·ized·, -·iz·ing
to make popular; specif.,
- to cause to be liked by many people
- to make understandable to the general public
transitive verbpop·u·lar·ized, pop·u·lar·iz·ing, pop·u·lar·iz·es
- To make popular: A famous dancer popularized the new hairstyle.
- To present in a widely understandable or acceptable form: popularize technical material for a general audience.
(third-person singular simple present popularizes, present participle popularizing, simple past and past participle popularized)
- (American) Alternative spelling of popularise.
popular +"Ž -ize