- Perturbation is an anxiety or disturbance, or is a cause of disturbance, or a from what is normal, especially when the deviation is caused by an outside influence.
- When you are feeling anxious about something you are required to do but don't like do, this is an example ofperturbation.
- When your routine or schedule is interrupted because of a friend, this can be an example ofperturbation.
- a perturbing or being perturbed
- something that perturbs; disturbance
- Astron. a small change in an orbit caused by the attraction of another celestial body, other bodies, etc.
Origin of perturbationMiddle English ; from Middle French perturbacion ; from Classical Latin perturbatio
- a. The act of perturbing.b. The state of being perturbed; agitation.
- A small change in a physical system, such as a variation in a planet's orbit resulting from the gravitational influence of other celestial bodies.
(countable and uncountable, plural perturbations)
perturbation - Computer Definition
A disturbance or irregularity. For example, a "perturbation in an input signal" that is not properly dealt with may cause erroneous output or a system failure.