- Persona is the part of yourself you present to the world, the image you want to present or the role that an actor or author uses.
- An example of persona is when you try to act tough and unemotional.
- An example of persona is the character an actor is playing.
persona definition by Webster's New World
persona definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- pl. per·so·nas or per·so·nae A voice or character representing the speaker in a literary work.
- personae The characters in a dramatic or literary work.
- pl. personas personas The role that one assumes or displays in public or society; one's public image or personality, as distinguished from the inner self.
Origin: Latin persōna; see person.
persona - Computer Definition
An add-on to the Firefox Web browser that customizes the toolbar area at the top of the window. There are hundreds of Personas that can be previewed by moving the mouse over the samples in the Personas Web page. For more information, visit www.getpersonas.com. See Firefox.
persona - Medical Definition
noun pl. per·so·nas or per·so·nae