- Paul is a male name.
An example of Paul is the famous actor with the last name Newman.
Origin of PaulClassical Latin Paulus (or Classical Greek Paulos), Romans; Roman surname, probably ; from paulus, small: akin to paucus, few
- (original name Saul) (died 67?); a Jew of Tarsus who became the Apostle of Christianity to the Gentiles: author of several Letters in the New Testament: his day is June 29also Saint Paul
- 1754-1801: czar of Russia (1796-1801): son of Catherine II & Peter III
- (born Alessandro Farnese) 1468-1549; pope (1534-49)
- (born Giovanni Battista Montini) 1897-1978; pope (1963-78)
, Saint AD 5?–67?
- Alternative form of pawl.
From Latin Paulus, from paulus (“small”).