- Paul is a male name.
An example of Paul is the famous actor with the last name Newman.
a masculine name: equiv. L. Paulus, It. Paolo, Paulo, Sp. Pablo: fem. Paula, Pauline
Origin of PaulClassical Latin Paulus (or Classical Greek Paulos), Romans; Roman surname, probably ; from paulus, small: akin to paucus, few
- (original name Saul) (died 67?); a Jew of Tarsus who became the Apostle of Christianity to the Gentiles: author of several Letters in the New Testament: his day is June 29also Saint Paul
- 1754-1801: czar of Russia (1796-1801): son of Catherine II & Peter III
- (born Alessandro Farnese) 1468-1549; pope (1534-49)
- (born Giovanni Battista Montini) 1897-1978; pope (1963-78)
, Saint AD 5?–67?
Early Christian noted for his missionary work among the cities of the Roman Empire. His epistles, included in the New Testament, are among the earliest and most influential sources of Christian theology.
- Alternative form of pawl.
From Latin Paulus, from paulus (“small”).