- The definition of a pastiche is a work of art made from various bits, or a work of art made to resemble works of other artists.
An example of a pastiche is a piece of abstract art.
- a literary, artistic, or musical composition made up of bits from various sources; potpourri
- a literary, artistic, or musical composition intended to imitate or caricature another artist's style
- a jumbled mixture; hodgepodge
Origin: Fr from Italian pasticcio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A dramatic, literary, or musical piece openly imitating the previous works of other artists, often with satirical intent.
- A pasticcio of incongruous parts; a hodgepodge: “In . . . a city of splendid Victorian architecture . . . there is a rather pointless pastiche of Dickensian London down on the waterfront” (Economist).
Origin: French, from Italian pasticcio; see pasticcio.