- a highly spiced stew of meat and vegetables; olla
- a collection, or miscellany, as of musical numbers
Origin of olio; from Spanish olla: see olla
- A heavily spiced stew of meat, vegetables, and chickpeas.
- a. A mixture or medley; a hodgepodge.b. A collection of various artistic or literary works or musical pieces; a miscellany.
- Vaudeville or musical entertainment presented between the acts of a burlesque or minstrel show.
Origin of olioAlteration of Spanish olla, pot; see olla.
- A rich, thick, Spanish stew consisting of meat and vegetables.
- A mixture or medley, a hotchpotch.
- A collection of various musical, theatrical or other artistic works; a miscellany.
- By extension of the above, Vaudeville or similar miscellaneous musical or theatrical entertainment skits presented between the main acts of minstrel or burlesque shows.