Origin of participantClassical Latin participans, present participle of participare: see participate
The definition of a participant is someone who takes part in something.
An example of a participant is a person dancing at a dance party.
One that participates, shares, or takes part in something.
Sharing in or taking part; participating.
- one who participates
- Sharing; participating; having a share of part.
- Four months later, the participant needed only verbal assistance to execute the task.
- London and Kelly then arrive to surprise the participant, and make her an offer: keep her clothes and walk away, or ditch her wardrobe and get a credit card loaded with $5,000 to purchase brand new clothes that will update her look.
- Most of the time they like what has been done, but every so often they get frustrated because nothing they have said was taken into account and the participant is no better off than before they started the show.
- You sure seemed like a willing participant for a while there.
- He is thus an observer, witness, and participant in the incident, and the work is then complete."