- of, from, or to countries across the sea; foreign
- over or across the sea
- The definition of overseas is somewhere across an ocean.
If you are in the U.S. military and you are stationed in Europe, this is an example of overseas military duty.
- Overseas is defined as being across an ocean.
If you are from the United States and you go on a trip to Europe, this is an example of a time when you go on a trip overseas.
- He emigrated and now lives overseas.
- Across a sea.
- The news was carried overseas to Henry, who was then in Normandy.
- You can send me overseas, like the elite do their unwanted children.
- General Greene has spent too long at war overseas to know where Ohio is.
- On his return to Canada he became Minister of Militia and Defence, and in that capacity was responsible for the creation of the Overseas force which in 1914 came over to take its share in the World War.
- The authorities also failed to appreciate the necessity for telling other peoples, and in particular the Overseas Dominions and America, what Great Britain was doing.