- of, from, or to countries across the sea; foreign
- over or across the sea
- The definition of overseas is somewhere across an ocean.
If you are in the U.S. military and you are stationed in Europe, this is an example of overseas military duty.
- Overseas is defined as being across an ocean.
If you are from the United States and you go on a trip to Europe, this is an example of a time when you go on a trip overseas.
- He emigrated and now lives overseas.
- Across a sea.
- The news was carried overseas to Henry, who was then in Normandy.
- General Greene has spent too long at war overseas to know where Ohio is.
- You can send me overseas, like the elite do their unwanted children.
- The authorities also failed to appreciate the necessity for telling other peoples, and in particular the Overseas Dominions and America, what Great Britain was doing.
- For pilgrimage overseas, as it was styled, the permission of the Church was still requisite.