an informal reception at one's home, usually in the afternoon
nounalso at home
An informal reception in one's home.
- Being, occurring, or functioning in one's home: at-home workers; at-home care.
- Designed for or appropriate for one's home: at-home fashions.
- In one's place of residence
- Sorry Sir, I left my homework at home.
- Where's David? – He stayed at home to fix the washing machine.
- The team has won three-quarters of its games at home, but less than half of away games.
- (idiomatic) At ease, comfortable
- I feel at home when I'm round my girlfriend's house.
- I'm right at home in my new university.
- He's quite at home discussing French literature.
- In the home of one's parents.
- I can't believe it, she's 28 and still lives at home.
- Even though I still live at home, I'm quite successful.
- (dated) Available to receive visitors.