- The definition of ordnance is military weapons.
Mounted guns and other military weapons are an example of ordnance.
ordnance definition by Webster's New World
- cannon or artillery
- all military weapons together with ammunition, combat vehicles, etc. and the equipment and supplies used in servicing these
- a military branch or unit that orders, stores, and supplies ordnance
Origin: contr. ; from ordinance, in restricted meaning
ordnance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Military materiel, such as weapons, ammunition, combat vehicles, and equipment.
- The branch of an armed force that procures, maintains, and issues weapons, ammunition, and combat vehicles.
- Cannon; artillery.
Origin: Middle English ordnaunce, variant of ordinaunce, order, military provision; see ordinance.