Nonchalance is a state in which you are unfazed or unaffected.
When you are trying to ask a girl out and act as if it is not a big deal and that you are just casually inquiring about whether she wants to go to the movies, this is an example of a time when you try to affect an aura of nonchalance.
the state or quality of being nonchalant
- His nonchalance made her angry.
- While he feigned nonchalance, it was obvious he was as proud as a kid with a new toy to show them what he'd discovered.
- He sat down in his chair and propped his legs up with nonchalance, as if he hadn't performed the impossible and healed her.
- Her instincts didn't like Evelyn's nonchalance on the subject.
- He treated his Serene Highness with a somewhat affected nonchalance intended to show that, as a highly trained military man, he left it to Russians to make an idol of this useless old man, but that he knew whom he was dealing with.