New AgeNew Age
- of or pertaining to a contemporary cultural movement characterized by a concern with spiritual consciousness and variously combining belief in reincarnation and astrology with such practices as meditation, vegetarianism, and holistic medicine
- designating or of a style of popular instrumental music characterized by simple, repetitive melodies and intended to effect a serene mood
- Of or relating to a complex of spiritual and consciousness-raising movements originating in the 1970s and covering a range of themes from a belief in spiritualism and reincarnation to advocacy of holistic approaches to health and ecology.
- Of, relating to, or resembling New Age music.
A style of modern music characterized by a relaxing or dreamy texture derived from quiet harmonies and drones, often incorporating synthesizers and acoustic and ethnic instrumentation.
- New Ager
(comparative more new age, superlative most new age)
- (often capitalized) Of or relating to the New Age movement.
- At this point in history, the most radical, pervasive, and earth-shaking transformation would occur simply if everybody truly evolved to a mature, rational, and responsible ego, capable of freely participating in the open exchange of mutual self-esteem. There is the "edge of history." There would be a real New Age - Ken Wilber
- Of or relating to new age music.