- of or pertaining to a contemporary cultural movement characterized by a concern with spiritual consciousness and variously combining belief in reincarnation and astrology with such practices as meditation, vegetarianism, and holistic medicine
- designating or of a style of popular instrumental music characterized by simple, repetitive melodies and intended to effect a serene mood
See New Age in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of or relating to a complex of spiritual and consciousness-raising movements originating in the 1980s and covering a range of themes from a belief in spiritualism and reincarnation to advocacy of holistic approaches to health and ecology.
- Of, relating to, or resembling New Age music.
A style of modern music characterized by a relaxing or dreamy texture derived from quiet harmonies and drones, often incorporating synthesizers and acoustic and ethnic instrumentation.
- Newˈ-Agˈey (no͞oˈāˈjē, nyo͞oˈ-) adjective
Learn more about New Age