- the practice or art, or an instance or way, of mimicking
- close resemblance, in color, form, or behavior, of one organism to another or to some object in its environment, as of some insects to the leaves or twigs of plants: it serves to disguise or conceal an organism from a predator or prey
- a. The act, practice, or art of mimicking.b. An instance of mimicking.
- Biology The resemblance of one organism to another or to an object in its surroundings for concealment and protection from predators.
a syrphid (top) mimics a honeybee (bottom)
- the act or ability to simulate the appearance of someone or something else
- They say that mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery, but I still think I'm being mocked when he acts just like me.
- When animal mimicry goes really wrong they don't just look like something that a predator would ignore, they look like lunch.