- Luminosity is defined as the condition of being bright or having light.
An example of something with luminosity is the sun.
luminosity definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the quality or condition of being luminous
- pl. luminosities something luminous
Origin: Midieval Latin luminositas
luminosity definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. lu·mi·nos·i·ties
- The condition or quality of being luminous.
- Something luminous.
- The ratio of luminous flux at a specific wavelength to the radiant flux at the same wavelength. Also called luminosity factor.