the quality or state of being radiant; brightness
- The quality or state of being radiant.
- Physics The radiant energy emitted per unit time in a specified direction by a unit area of an emitting surface.
(countable and uncountable, plural radiances)
- the quality of being radiant, shining, bright or splendid
- Girt with omnipotence, with radiance crowned. "” Milton.
- (physics) the flux of radiation emitted per unit solid angle in a given direction by a unit area of a source
From Latin radiare + -ance