- The definition of a lover is a sexual partner or a person who deeply enjoys something.
An example of a lover is someone who appreciates and savors pinot noir wine.
- a person who greatly enjoys something or has great affection for something: a lover of fine wine
- a person who loves sexually or romantically; specif.,
- either partner in a sexual relationship of any kind
- either partner in an adulterous or otherwise illicit sexual relationship
- Old-fashioned the illicit male sexual partner of a married woman
- a person with regard to his or her degree of sexual skill, responsiveness, etc.
- a couple in love with each other or in a sexual relationship with each other
- loverly adjective, adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who loves another, especially one who feels sexual love.
- lovers A couple in love with each other.
- a. A paramour.b. A sexual partner.
- One who is fond of or devoted to something: a lover of fine food.
- lovˈer·ly adverb & adj.