mountain in the St. Elias range, SW Yukon Territory, Canada: highest mountain in Canada: 19,850 ft (6,050 m)
Origin of Loganafter Sir W. E. Logan (1798-1875), Canadian geologist
A city of northern Utah north of Salt Lake City on the Bear River. Settled by Mormons in the 1850s, it is the seat of Utah State University (founded 1888).
- (US, northeastern dialects) A marsh.
Shortening of pokelogan.
- Places in Scotland, Canada, U.S., and Australia.
- A habitational surname derived from the Scottish places.
- An Irish surname, an Anglicization of Ó Leocháin.
- A male given name transferred from the surnames. Used since at least the 19th century, and popular in the 2000s.
- A female given name used since the 1990s; much less common than the male name.