- The definition of incredulous is feeling that something that is hard to believe.
An example of incredulous is someone’s reaction to winning the lottery.
This man is incredulous.
incredulous definition by Webster's New World
- unwilling or unable to believe; doubting; skeptical
- showing doubt or disbelief: an incredulous look
Origin: Classical Latin incredulus: see in- and amp; credulous
- incredulously adverb
incredulous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Skeptical; disbelieving: incredulous of stories about flying saucers.
- Expressive of disbelief: an incredulous stare.
Origin: From Latin incrēdulus : in-, not; see in-1 + crēdulus, believing; see credulous.
- in·credˈu·lous·ly adverb
- in·credˈu·lous·ness noun