- The definition of skeptical is someone who has doubts, questions or is not easily convinced of something.
An example of skeptical is someone who doesn't believe in religion.
skeptical definition by Webster's New World
- of or characteristic of skeptics or skepticism
- not easily persuaded or convinced; doubting; questioning
- doubting the fundamental doctrines of religion
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- skeptically adverb
skeptical definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Marked by or given to doubt; questioning: a skeptical attitude; skeptical of political promises.
- Relating to or characteristic of skeptics or skepticism.
- skepˈti·cal·ly adverb