- The definition of skeptical is someone who has doubts, questions or is not easily convinced of something.
An example of skeptical is someone who doesn't believe in religion.
- of or characteristic of skeptics or skepticism
- not easily persuaded or convinced; doubting; questioning
- doubting the fundamental doctrines of religion
- skeptically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Marked by or given to doubt; questioning: a skeptical attitude; skeptical of political promises.
- Relating to or characteristic of skeptics or skepticism.
- skepˈti·cal·ly adverb