Jerry was sceptical that his coworker's project would do much to increase revenue.
The definition of sceptical, also spelled skeptical, means someone who is questioning or having doubts.
An example of someone sceptical is a person who doesn't believe in God.
- Even in that book Hume is able to play with sceptical solutions.
- Mansel tried (1858) to play Pascal's game on Kantian principles, developing the sceptical side of 'Kant's many-faceted mind.
- The key to Reid's philosophy is to be found in his revulsion from the sceptical conclusions of Hume.
- But, having said this, Kant went on to repeat the sceptical suggestion.
- Still more unequivocal was the sceptical nihilism expressed by Gorgias: - (I) nothing exists; (2) if anything existed, it would be unknowable; (3) if anything existed and were knowable, the knowledge of it could not be communicated.