Variant of academic
- of colleges, universities, etc.; scholastic; scholarly
- having to do with general or liberal rather than technical or vocational education
- of or belonging to an academy of scholars, artists, etc.
- following fixed rules or conventions; pedantic or formalistic: an academic style of painting
- merely theoretical; having no direct practical application: an academic question
Origin: Classical Latin academicus ; from academia: see academy
a teacher or student at a college or university