- tied or fastened in or with a knot or knots
- having or full of knots
- tangled; intricate
- puzzling; knotty
- simple past tense and past participle of knot
- It is properly an oval formed by a rope knotted at one end.
- One end of a short piece of thin line is passed through one of these holes, and knotted; the other end has spliced to it a hard bone peg which is inserted in the other hole.
- This was a shoe with slits at the sides and straps knotted in front; its forms may be seen on the relief from the Ara Pacis.
- Hence it has been celebrated from antiquity for tables, &c. The wood of the roots is frequently knotted, and valuable for small objects of cabinet work.
- My stomach knotted with the knowledge this might be our last chance.