- tied or fastened in or with a knot or knots
- having or full of knots
- tangled; intricate
- puzzling; knotty
- simple past tense and past participle of knot
- It is properly an oval formed by a rope knotted at one end.
- One end of a short piece of thin line is passed through one of these holes, and knotted; the other end has spliced to it a hard bone peg which is inserted in the other hole.
- Reaching around her, he knotted it securely about her waist before forcibly disengaging her.
- Deidre dropped her hand quickly from the knotted skin, alarm pulsing through her.
- There are also hooped or bowed canaries, feather-footed forms and top-knots, the latter having a distinct crest on the head; but the offspring of two such top-knotted canaries, instead of showing an increased development of crest, as might be expected, are apt to be bald on the crown.