- puffed out; swollen
- pompous; bombastic; high-flown
- increased or raised beyond what is normal or valid
- characterized or caused by inflation
- Filled or expanded by or as if by gas or air.
- Unduly enlarged or aggrandized; swollen: an inflated estimate; an inflated ego.
- Full of empty or pretentious language; bombastic.
- Raised or expanded to abnormal levels: an inflated economy; inflated wages.
- Hollow and enlarged: an inflated calyx.
(comparative more inflated, superlative most inflated)
- Filled with air or fluid
- The inflated balloons danced in the breeze.
- Expanded; in a state of inflation, of abnormally increased size, amount, etc.
- His inflated belly looked uncomfortable.
- (economics): In a state of higher cost.
- His inflated prices made the vendor unpopular.
- (figuratively) Pompous; arrogant (of a person or ego)
- (figuratively) Containing excessive, meaningless words, particularly for show
- The inflated speech did not impress the audience.
- Higher that the true figure
- inflated incidence figures
- simple past tense and past participle of inflate