- Escalated is defined as to have gone up, increased or become more severe.
An example of escalated is for a fever having gone from being mild to severe.
- simple past tense and past participle of escalate
Variant of escalate
intransitive verbescalated, escalating
- to rise on or as on an escalator
- to expand step by step, as from a limited or local conflict into a general, esp. nuclear, war
- to grow or increase rapidly, often to the point of becoming unmanageable, as prices or wages
Origin of escalateback-formation ; from escalator
to cause to escalate