- The definition of indispensable is essential or absolutely necessary.
When a part is needed to make a machine work, this is an example of when the part isindispensable.
indispensable definition by Webster's New World
- that cannot be dispensed with or neglected
- absolutely necessary or required
an indispensable person or thing
indispensable definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Not to be dispensed with; essential.
- Obligatory; unavoidable: the routine but indispensable ceremonies of state.
One that is indispensable.
- inˌdis·pensˌa·bilˈi·ty, inˌdis·pensˈa·ble·ness noun
- inˌdis·pensˈa·bly adverb