- writing done by hand, with pen, pencil, etc.
- a style or way of forming letters and words when writing by hand, often, specif., when writing cursive
- Archaic something written by hand
- Writing done with the hand.
- The writing characteristic of a particular person.
(usually uncountable, plural handwritings)
- Present participle of handwrite.
- For a subsequent letter Calvin furnished (reluctantly, according to de Trye) samples of Servetus's handwriting, expressly to secure his conviction.
- The copy, carefully corrected in his own handwriting, is preserved in the British Museum.
- The rules which he laid down for himself, and which are still extant in his handwriting, prescribe sixteen hours a day of close application, and prove, not only the great mental power, but also the extraordinary physical strength he must have possessed, and for which indeed, during his residence at the university, he had been remarkable.
- The handwriting on the letter was neat and feminine.
- On the 24th of November he was indicted for high treason at the Old Bailey, the chief ground being a paper of association for the defence of the Protestant religion, which, though among his papers, was not in his handwriting; but the grand jury ignored the bill.