- The definition of flaccid is something that is soft, limp or drooping.
When your hand is hanging limply and loosely, this is an example of a time when your hand would be described as flaccid.
- hanging in loose folds or wrinkles; soft and limp; flabby: flaccid muscles
- lacking force; weak; feeble
Origin: Classical Latin flaccidus ; from flaccus, flabby
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Lacking firmness, resilience, or muscle tone. See Synonyms at limp.
- Lacking vigor or energy: flaccid management.
Origin: Latin flaccidus, from flaccus, flabby.
- flac·cidˈi·ty , flacˈcid·ness noun
- flacˈcid·ly adverb
flaccid - Medical Definition
- flaccidity noun