- not keeping faith; dishonest; disloyal
- unreliable; undependable
- lacking faith; unbelieving
Origin of faithlessMiddle English feithles
- a. Not true to duty or obligation; disloyal or unfaithful.b. Breaking trust in a marriage or relationship by having sexual relations with someone other than one's spouse or sexual partner.
- Having no religious faith.
(comparative more faithless, superlative most faithless)
- Lacking faith; lacking belief in something.
- Not believing in God, religion, or a comparable ideology.
- Unfaithful; not of true fidelity; inconstant, as a husband or a wife.
- Not observant of promises or covenants.
- Not true to allegiance, duty, or vows; perfidious; treacherous; disloyal.
- Serving to disappoint or deceive; delusive; unsatisfying.
faith + -less