- Existence is defined as the state of being alive, present and real.
An example of existence are the living things on this planet.
existence definition by Webster's New World
- the act of existing; state or fact of being
- continuance of being; life; living
- occurrence; specific manifestation
- a manner of existing, being, or living: derelicts have a poor existence
- a being; entity; thing that exists
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French ; from Midieval Latin existentia ; from present participle of Classical Latin existere
existence definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The fact or state of existing; being.
- The fact or state of continued being; life: our brief existence on Earth.
- a. All that exists: sang the beauty of all existence.b. A thing that exists; an entity.
- A mode or manner of existing: scratched out a meager existence.
- Specific presence; occurrence: The Geiger counter indicated the existence of radioactivity.