verbe·qual·ized, e·qual·iz·ing, e·qual·iz·es
- To make equal: equalized the responsibilities of the staff members.
- To make uniform.
(third-person singular simple present equalizes, present participle equalizing, simple past and past participle equalized)
- To make equal; to cause to correspond in amount or degree.
- to equalize accounts, burdens, or taxes
- polling the reformed churches whether they equalize in number those of his three kingdoms
- (intransitive, sports) To make the scoreline equal by scoring points. [from 20th c.]