- Endanger is defined as to expose someone to danger.
When you drive 100 miles per hour on a windy road with your friend in the car, this is an example of when you endanger your friend.
endanger definition by Webster's New World
- to expose to danger, harm, or loss; imperil
- to threaten with extinction
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- endangerment noun
endanger definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb en·dan·gered, en·dan·ger·ing, en·dan·gers
- To expose to harm or danger; imperil.
- To threaten with extinction.
- en·danˈger·ment noun