- Peril is danger or exposure to harm.
An example of peril is bungee jumping.
peril definition by Webster's New World
- exposure to harm or injury; danger; jeopardy
- something that may cause harm or injury
Origin: Old French ; from Classical Latin periculum, danger ; from base an unverified form per- (as in experiri, to try) ; from Indo-European base an unverified form per-, to try, risk, come over from source fear, fare
peril definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Imminent danger.b. Exposure to the risk of harm or loss.
- Something that endangers or involves risk.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin perīculum; see per-3 in Indo-European roots.
peril - Business Definition
peril - Legal Definition