ecstatic[ek stat′ik, ik-]
An ecstatic woman.
- The definition of ecstatic is in a state of great delight or joy.
An example of ecstatic is the feeling a couple has when their first child is born.
- of, having the nature of, or characterized by ecstasy
- causing, or caused by, ecstasy
- subject to ecstasy
Origin of ecstaticMedieval Latin ecstaticus ; from Classical Greek ekstatikos
- Marked by or expressing ecstasy.
- Being in a state of ecstasy; joyful or enraptured.
Origin of ecstaticFrench extatique, from Greek ekstatikos, from ekstasis, distraction; see Ecstasy .
(comparative more ecstatic, superlative most ecstatic)