easement definition by Webster's New World
- an easing or being eased
- something that gives ease; a comfort, relief, or convenience
- Law a legal interest in real property that grants the right to use in some specified manner the property of another; often, specif., the right to enter upon or pass over another's land
Origin: Middle English esement ; from Old French aisement
easement definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of easing or the condition of being eased.
- Something that affords ease or comfort.
- Law A right, such as a right of way, afforded a person to make limited use of another's real property.
easement - Business Definition
easement - Computer Definition
In law, a legal interest in real property that affords one the right to make limited use of the property of another for a specified purpose, which often is a right of way across the property. See also right of way.
easement - Legal Definition