- The definition of a coo is the sound of a bird.
An example of a coo is the sound of a Mourning Dove.
- To coo is to speak softly and gently, or make the soft sound of a bird.
- An example of coo is to talk in a soothing voice to a baby.
- An example of coo is to imitate the sound of a dove.
- to make the soft, murmuring sound of pigeons or doves, or a sound like this
- to speak gently and lovingly
Origin of cooechoic
verbcooed, coo·ing, Coos coos
- To utter the murmuring sound of a dove or pigeon or a sound resembling it.
- To talk fondly or amorously in murmurs: The visitors cooed over the newborn baby.
Origin of cooImitative.
(third-person singular simple present coos, present participle cooing, simple past and past participle cooed)
Of onomatopoetic/imitative origin.
(comparative more coo, superlative most coo)
- (slang) cool
- bill and coo
- chief operating officer
- (international trade) country of origin