trumpeter definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Historical a soldier, herald, etc. who signals on a trumpet
- any person who plays the trumpet, as in a band or orchestra
- a person who proclaims or heralds something
- any of a family (Psophiidae) of cranelike, South American gruiform birds having a loud cry
- ☆ trumpeter swan
- any of a breed of domestic pigeons with feathered feet and a rounded crest
trumpeter definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Music One who plays the trumpet.
- One who announces something, as a herald.
- Any of several large cranelike birds of the genus Psophia of tropical South America, having a loud resonant call.
- a. The trumpeter swan.b. A variety of domestic pigeon having a shell-shaped crest and heavily feathered feet.