- The definition of conditional is something that is tied to some other event or thing occurring.
When a loan is offered based on the condition that you provide proof of income, this is an example of a conditional loan.
- The definition of a conditional is a grammar term that means a sentence structure that expresses a particular situation or circumstance and its consequences.
An example of a conditional is a sentence telling someone that you will be mad at them if they are late.
conditional definition by Webster's New World
- containing, implying, or dependent on a condition or conditions; qualified; not absolute: a conditional award
- Logic designating or including a compound proposition that has the form “if p, then q,” in which p and q are two different propositions
- expressing a condition: a conditional clause
conditional definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Imposing, depending on, or containing a condition. See Synonyms at dependent.
- Grammar Stating, containing, or implying a condition.
- Psychology Brought about by conditioning.
- con·diˌtion·alˈi·ty noun
- con·diˈtion·al·ly adverb