disabled or handicapped in a (specified) way: mentally challenged
- Having a disability or impairment: physically challenged.
- Deficient or lacking: an ethically challenged politician.
- simple past tense and past participle of challenge
(comparative more challenged, superlative most challenged)
- Lacking some physical or mental attribute or skill; used after adverbs to make politically correct adjectives.
- mentally challenged
- Used following adverbs to make jocular adjectives in imitation of and mocking politically correct adjectives of this kind, as "X-challenged" = "lacking X".
- vertically challenged