carry-over [kar′ē ō′vər]
- the act of carrying over
- something carried or left over
- Something whose duration has been extended or that has been transferred to another time
- An amount, especially a sum of money, transferred to a new column in a ledger, or applied to a later time
- Used other than as an idiom. To transport over by carrying.
- We carried her over the bridge.
- (idiomatic) To transfer (something) to a later point in time.
- The rent was carried over to December.
- To inherit, to inspire
How would you define carry-over? Add your definition here.
comments powered by