that breathes; living; alive
- a single breath or the time taken by this
- a pause for rest
- see rough breathing, smooth breathing
- a. The act or process of respiration.b. A single breath.
- The time required to take one's breath.
- a. Either of two marks, the rough breathing (&thin;&rough;&thin;) and the smooth breathing (&thin;&smooth;&thin;), used in Greek to indicate presence or absence of aspiration.b. The presence or absence of aspiration indicated by either of these marks.
- Present participle of breathe.