An open window provides ventilation.
- Ventilation is a circulation of air, or an opening that lets air in.
An example of ventilation is a window being open in a house.
- a ventilating or being ventilated
- a system or equipment for ventilating
Origin of ventilationClassical Latin ventilatio
- a. The replacement of stale or noxious air with fresh air.b. The mechanical system or equipment used to circulate air or to replace stale air with fresh air.
- See respiration.
- a. The maintenance of breathing by artificial means.b. A breath that is induced by artificial means.