- When you open up the windows to get the musty smell out of your house, this is an example of a time when you are airing out your house.
- When you reveal your grievances so they can be discussed, this is an example of a time when you are airing out your grievances.
The definition of airing means exposing something to air, usually to try it or to make it smell better, or saying something out-loud or making something known.
- exposure to the air for drying, freshening, etc.
- exposure to public knowledge: to give a scandal an airing
- a walk or ride outdoors
- Exposure to air for freshening or drying.
- Exposure to open air for exercise or the promotion of health.
- Exposure to public attention.
- A radio or television broadcast.
- Present participle of air.
(countable and uncountable, plural airings)