- When you open up the windows to get the musty smell out of your house, this is an example of a time when you are airing out your house.
- When you reveal your grievances so they can be discussed, this is an example of a time when you are airing out your grievances.
- exposure to the air for drying, freshening, etc.
- exposure to public knowledge: to give a scandal an airing
- a walk or ride outdoors
- Exposure to air for freshening or drying.
- Exposure to open air for exercise or the promotion of health.
- Exposure to public attention.
- A radio or television broadcast.
- Present participle of air.
(countable and uncountable, plural airings)