- The definition of bookmark means a shortcut to a previously viewed website.
The option that you use to save a website in Internet Explorer is an example of a bookmark.
- Bookmark is defined as a piece of paper or other object used to mark a place in a book.
The long piece of printed cardstock that you get with your purchase at a bookstore is an example of a bookmark.
- Bookmark means to save website addresses for easy access in the future.
A researcher saving Internet sites with source material in an example of to bookmark.
A book with a ribbon bookmark.
bookmark definition by Webster's New World
- anything slipped between the pages of a book to mark a place
- Comput. a digital pointer that a user can create for gaining easy access to a Web page, a portion of text in a file, etc.
bookmark definition by American Heritage Dictionary
bookmark - Business Definition
bookmark - Computer Definition
A stored location for quick retrieval at a later date. Web browsers provide bookmarks that contain the addresses (URLs) of favorite sites. Most electronic references, large text databases and help systems provide bookmarks that mark a location users want to revisit in the future. See Favorites, bookmark portal and bookmarklet.