- Bookmark is defined as a piece of paper or other object used to mark a place in a book.
The long piece of printed cardstock that you get with your purchase at a bookstore is an example of a bookmark.
- The definition of bookmark means a shortcut to a previously viewed website.
The option that you use to save a website in Internet Explorer is an example of a bookmark.
- Bookmark means to save website addresses for easy access in the future.
A researcher saving Internet sites with source material in an example of to bookmark.
A book with a ribbon bookmark.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- anything slipped between the pages of a book to mark a place
- Comput. a digital pointer that a user can create for gaining easy access to a Web page, a portion of text in a file, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
bookmark - Business Definition
bookmark - Computer Definition
A stored location for quick retrieval at a later date. Web browsers provide bookmarks that contain the addresses (URLs) of favorite sites. Most electronic references, large text databases and help systems provide bookmarks that mark a location users want to revisit in the future. See Favorites, bookmark portal and bookmarklet.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.