- anything slipped between the pages of a book to mark a place
- Comput. a digital pointer that a user can create for gaining easy access to a Web page, a portion of text in a file, etc.
A book with a ribbon bookmark.
- The definition of bookmark means a shortcut to a previously viewed website.
The option that you use to save a website in Internet Explorer is an example of a bookmark.
- Bookmark is defined as a piece of paper or other object used to mark a place in a book.
The long piece of printed cardstock that you get with your purchase at a bookstore is an example of a bookmark.
- Bookmark means to save website addresses for easy access in the future.
A researcher saving Internet sites with source material in an example of to bookmark.
- A strip of material, as of ribbon or leather, or a metal clamp, that is placed between the pages of a book to mark the reader's place.
- A record of a selected webpage or URL kept by a program such as a web browser or help utility. Bookmarks allow the user to find and return to a selected site by clicking an easily recognizable link.
transitive verbbook·marked, book·mark·ing, book·marks
(third-person singular simple present bookmarks, present participle bookmarking, simple past and past participle bookmarked)
- (computing) To create a bookmark.
bookmark - Computer Definition
A stored location for quick retrieval at a later date. Web browsers provide bookmarks that contain the addresses (URLs) of favorite sites. Most electronic references, large text databases and help systems provide bookmarks that mark a location users want to revisit in the future. See Favorites, bookmark portal and bookmarklet.
- As the name suggests, luaus are their specialty, so you can bookmark this site as your one-stop-shopping source for not just invitations, but suggestions for games, menus, music, party favors, prizes, decorations and fun things for kids.
- The site is constantly adding new games, so visitors who enjoy this source for Bratz kids games should bookmark it and visit often to see what's new in the world of these popular fashion dolls.
- In this article, you will find a collection of all of the basic elements you need to write your own web page, so bookmark this page and use it as your guide as you work on your first website.
- Unless you have a stable of private clients already lined up, it can be helpful to bookmark a few job boards that provide regular advertisements from companies in search of freelance writers.
- You may also want to bookmark the operating manuals page on your browser so you'll have an easy time locating manuals for any Panasonic electronic devices that you may own in the future.