Origin of automobileFr: see auto- and mobile
This is one type of automobile.
A car is an example of an automobile.
Origin of automobileFrenchGreek auto- auto- French mobile mobile ( from Old French; see mobile . )
(third-person singular simple present automobiles, present participle automobiling, simple past and past participle automobiled)
- (dated) To travel by automobile.
automobile - Computer Definition
- He waited in the dark nearly twenty minutes before hearing an automobile approach.
- I was reaching for his hanging suit when I heard an automobile roll up the driveway.
- Other features of the place are the broad driveway (Atlantic Avenue) and an automobile boulevard.
- Sometimes with an automobile, I can sort-of get inside, if it doesn't move off too fast.
- Around its peninsula, and bordered by an automobile drive; along the beach are some attractive residences, hotels and boarding houses, and several sanatoriums. The city's principal industries are the canning of oysters, shrimp, fish, figs and vegetables, and the manufacture of fertilizers and flour.