Origin of automobileFr: see auto- and mobile
This is one type of automobile.
A car is an example of an automobile.
Origin of automobileFrenchGreek auto- auto- French mobile mobile ( from Old French; see mobile . )
(third-person singular simple present automobiles, present participle automobiling, simple past and past participle automobiled)
- (dated) To travel by automobile.
automobile - Computer Definition
- He waited in the dark nearly twenty minutes before hearing an automobile approach.
- I was reaching for his hanging suit when I heard an automobile roll up the driveway.
- Other features of the place are the broad driveway (Atlantic Avenue) and an automobile boulevard.
- Sometimes with an automobile, I can sort-of get inside, if it doesn't move off too fast.
- If he tried to follow a moving automobile, he could sometimes attach himself, if the vehicle was slow or stopped, but the act was tenuous at best.