assumptive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Characterized by assumption.
- Taken for granted; assumed.
- Presumptuous; assuming.
- as·sumpˈtive·ly adverb
Variant of assumption
- Religion the taking up of a person into heaven
- the taking up of the body and soul of the Virgin Mary into heaven after her death
- a church festival on Aug. 15 celebrating this
- the act of assuming; a taking upon oneself, taking over, or taking for granted
- anything taken for granted; supposition
- assumptive adjective